Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In Memory

My grandmother always gave each new baby born into the family a receiving blanket and burp cloth that had been crocheted around the edges.  She was very talented at embroidering and made many gifts of love for her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She passed away two years ago in January and we will have the second great-grandbaby since her passing (the first was the day after she passed away).  This baby will be the first one born that she was unable to pass on this gift of love.  So, I decided to carry on the tradition for her.  When I came across this material with the roses on it I knew it was the one, her middle name was Rose.  So, in her honor and to carry on her tradition, I crocheted around these for her. 


  We love you Grandma, and miss you EVERDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment