Thursday, March 22, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes

I made my daughter humor me for her birthday and made cupcakes.  She is not a big fan of cupcakes or cake for that matter, but I had found a recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it out.  Here is a link to the recipe for the cupcakes and the icing.  And of course if we are going to have cupcakes we HAVE to have toppers too!!!  All of these animals are from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge.
 I used my Xyron to put the glitter on the little birdie's wings.  I just turn the paper right side down and run it through the Xyron.  Then sprinkle with glitter and gently knock of extra glitter.  I used Core'dinations Botanical paper pack from Joann's for this project.
 Here are all of my little beauties!!!
I cut the hippo at 3" and used my Gypsy and the hide contour feature so that the eyes would not cut out and I could use my Peachy Keen Critter Faces XL stamps for the eyes.  I also used my Sakura white gel pen for the eyes and Sakura Black glaze pen for the eyes and mouth.  I ran the the top layers of the Hippo through my Cuttlebug with the Divine Swirl folder.  Just a heads up...make sure you stamp and color in the eyes BEFORE you emboss..most of you are probably thinking well, no duh...I am a slow learner sometimes :).  I used Core'dinations The Prince paper pack for this project.
And the hedgehog, my favorite.  I cut the hedgehog at 1"and used my gypsy and the hide contours feature to hide the face so that it didn't cut out and used my Peachy Keen Critter Faces XL to stamp the faces.  I used my gel pens to give the eyes more definition and inked around the edges of the hedgehogs's body.  The cute bling was added with my Imaginisce I-Rock Tool.  I used the core'dinations Cafe paper pack from Joann's.  I love the paper packs because I don't have to spend my time matching and coordinating the papers it is already done.

The cupcake wrappers are from the Life's a Party Cricut cartridge I used my gypsy again to alter the design (we didn't want anything too fancy) and it took a little trial and error to get them the right size.  I ended up cutting them at 1.75"

No comments:

Post a Comment