Saturday, July 28, 2012

Diaper Cake

I decided to try my hand at making a diaper cake for my cousins baby shower.  It was not at all difficult, although a little pricey.  Luckily my mother and my sisters-in-law went in on it with me so it wasn't too bad!! 
(When did baby toys get so expensive???)


I started the base with baby powder, baby soap and baby lotion, I wrapped those with an elastic and then started to place the diapers in the elastic with them, there are 3 rows.   I bought a box of size 1 diapers which had 108 diapers included and used every single one of them.  Each diaper is rolled from the open end down and then has an elastic placed around it (I used the little invisible elastics that you use for little girls hair). Repeat the process with the second row, there are two rows.  And last but not least the top row.  Each row has ribbon around it, I pinned it then hot glued it on the overlapping ends, looks like I need to adjust it so it is even all the way around :).  We placed a blanket and teddy bear at the top (we have a dowel running between the blanket into the diapers to get it attached), and then little toys around it.  


Kinda fun!!!  Hope she likes it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment