Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Big 4-0!!!

Well, it is official my hubby and I are getting old.  We just celebrated my husbands 40th birthday, CRAZY!!!  I created this card from the Cricut Life's A Party Cartridge.  The paper is Coordinations, I bought it in the open stock at JoAnn's.  I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder Traffic Jam on the grey background and then added some silver stickles to spice it up a bit.  I don't know if vultures are suppose to be spicy or not??? :) And finally added some black twine!!!

I made a birthday basket for my hubby this year.  "The Big 40" was also off of the Life's a Party Cartridge.  I just used the fit to page feature on my Cricut Expression (I think it turned out to be 11 1/2") to cut out the phrase.  I ended up gluing it to a wooden shim (the only thing I could find at the moment) so it would stick out of the basket.  
SIDE NOTE:  My two year old decided that he could be a big help during this project :/, so instead of taking his nap he was helping glue, tape and cut just about anything he could get his hands on and endlessly repeating "but, what about me???".  
So, in the end a wooden shim didn't sound so bad!!! :)  Anybody else have crafting days like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment