Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Hope You Dance!!!


I made this for my niece who is graduating this Thursday from high school.  She has danced most of her life and was on the high school drill team for three years, so that is why I used the lyrics from the song I hope you dance, by LeeAnn Womack.


The graduation caps are an idea from Joy's Life.  I had a difficult time finding the right size top for my graduation cap, and finally settled on Ghirardelli squares.  I tried to find the right size mold to make my own, but to no avail.  The flowers are from the Cricut Cartridge Create a Critter (I love that cartridge).  I used my hide contours feature on my gypsy to hide the center when I cut the flower.  I glittered the four flowers that say "I hope you dance", to hopefully make them stand out a little more!  I used my Xyron Creatopia to get them sticky and then used Martha Stewart glitter to make them sparkle.
I printed the lyrics on my computer and then used the center point function on my cricut to cut out the circles using the Cricut Cartridge George and Basic Shapes, only because I did not have the right size punch,  in hindsight it would have been easier to by the 2" punch.  Sometimes I worry about myself, why didn't I think of that earlier, Joann's has them on for 50% off!  Oh well!!!

I hope she likes it and I hope when she gets the choice 
to sit it out or dance in life...I hope she dances!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment