Saturday, June 16, 2012

iDad-Happy Father's Day

My hubby is into techi stuff so when I saw this idea for a Father's Day card I couldn't pass it up!!!


I got this idea from She Knows.  Check out the She Knows Website for detailed instructions and templates!!!  The actual card is made from an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of black paper (it is kind of hard to tell with my black background.  I found my images by searching the internet using google and typing in the icon I wanted (i.e. calendar app image, or contacts app image).  I then sized and arranged them in my Silhouette software.
I cut around each image with an exacto knife to create the flap.  You can probably tell that I didn't have the steadiest hand (my time away from kids was up and I could hear them upstairs fighting...kinda threw my concentration off...or least that is what I am blaming it on ;).  I then had each of the kids take a row of icons and write their dad a special message under each of the icon flaps.  Hope this gives you some ideas!!!

I have entered this project in the My Craft Spot Monday Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card! I love how the apps open and the whole design of the card! SO creative! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and fun! Very creative! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete