Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just Keep Swimming!!!

I made this card for a friend that is enduring chemotherapy for breast cancer.  A member of our church gave a talk to our congregation a while ago that has always stuck with me.  She talked about how sometimes when we are in thick of trials in our lives the only thing we can do is...just keep swimming!

This card was made using the Cricut Cartridge Best of Pixar.  I was inspired by two blogs I follow, Glora's Crafts and Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.  Glora's blog helped me to add dimension to my Nemo with my Sakura Pens, and Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons helped me to create the background.  I also used my Cuttlebug to emboss the blue paper using the Sizzix embossing folder Bubbles.  I used Glossy Accents to make some of my bubbles appear water like, and foam adhesive squares to give Nemo a 3D effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment